A campaign has been launched against cuts at Beeston & Inham Nook Libraries and for a good local library service for all.
BEESTON & CHILWELL DEFEND LIBRARY SERVICES – PUBLIC MEETING
Date/Time: Thursday 20th Jan 2011, 7.30pm to 9pm
There will be a stall and leafleting of Beeston High Rd (outside Boots the Chemist) on Saturday 15th Jan (10.30 am – 12pm). There will also be a leafleting of Beeston West, Beeston North and Beeston Central on Sunday 16th Jan. 10.30am. Volunteers welcome and please get in touch by email or mobile (07710 903 483) if you’d like to be involved.
See also: Local corrie actor (sutton in ashfield) speaks out against the library cuts: http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:22833474
And in the City ….
Recent news on cuts to City Libraries:
* Opening hours to be cut by 10%, with consequent cuts in staffing
* Some redundancies, including library managers
* Book budget cut by 25%
* Carlton Road Library closing later in the year (previously known)
* No cuts at senior management level
* Further cuts likely later
This is in the addition to the established campaign, which relates to County Libraries (book budget cut by 75%!).
National link: Voices for the Library.